If you are going to compare the real estate market before and today, you’d see a lot of difference. Today, buyers are more picky than ever. This is due to the fact that property prices has never been this higher. If you are selling your house, then you should know what are the things buyers want. To help you, here are the things most buyers want from a property.
1. Today, buyers are looking for modern bathroom and kitchen. If what you have are quite old, then it is time for you to update these areas. This doesn’t mean that you have to renovate the entire area. Doing simple renovations like repainting your walls or buying new furniture can make your kitchen and bathroom look different. You have to be aware that buyers don’t want to invest in a property that has to be renovated. You will find most of them to be more interest in a perfect house, even if it means very expensive. So, updating your bathroom and kitchen area can make your property for sale attractive to buyers.
2. An open floor living is very popular these days. If you have a real estate agent friend, you can ask him on how open-floor living is very attractive these days. So, buyers would look for this. Few years ago, people wanted a fine dining area that is away from their kitchen. Now, more and more families enjoy an open plan kitchen or dining area. It is also great if the living area is open plan too.
3. Your property location can also make a huge difference. As there are different reasons why people buy houses, they also have different choices when it comes to the property location. In the past, many buyers wanted to but houses from peaceful areas. However, this is no longer the same these days. Nowadays, buyers are looking for properties located in the city because they are closer to amenities. A house that is near public transport amenities will tend to be sold quickly.
4. Your house will be very attractive if it has good technological capabilities. This is not something that buyers in the past are looking for. Though, this is one of the most important factors that people are looking for. WiFi and signal strength in the location are very important. So, you need to ensure these things to make your home attractive.
5. Working from home is the new trend today. And so, people would often look for a property that has more space and more bedrooms that setting up a home office is not a problem. A property that has sufficient rooms for everybody and a home office is great. So if you have an attic, turn it to a bedroom instead.